1. Eat whole, unprocessed foods.
2. Eat beef, lamb, game, organ meats, poultry and eggs from
3. Eat wild fish (not farm-raised) and shellfish from unpolluted
4. Eat full-fat milk products from pasture-fed cows, preferably
raw and/or fermented, such as raw milk, whole yogurt, kefir,
cultured butter, whole raw cheeses and fresh and sour cream.
(Imported cheeses that say “milk” or “fresh
milk” on the label are raw.)
5. Use animal fats, especially butter, liberally.
6. Use traditional vegetable oils only—extra virgin
olive oil, expeller-expressed sesame oil, small amounts
of expeller-expressed flax oil, and the tropical oils—coconut
oil and palm oil.
7. Take cod liver oil regularly—1 teaspoon per day
for adults, ½ teaspoon per day for children under
8. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables—preferably organic—in
salads and soups, or lightly steamed in butter.
9. Use whole grains, legumes and nuts that have been prepared
by soaking, sprouting or sour leavening to neutralize phytic
acid, enzyme inhibitors and other “anti-nutrients.”
10. Include enzyme-enhanced lacto-fermented vegetables,
fruits, beverages and condiments in your diet on a regular
11. Prepare homemade meat stocks from the bones of chicken,
beef, lamb and fish and use liberally in soups, stews and
sauces. Rice can be cooked in these broths.
12. Use filtered water for cooking and drinking.
13. Use unrefined salt and a variety of herbs and spices
for food interest and appetite stimulation.
14. Make your own salad dressing using raw vinegar, extra
virgin olive oil and a small amount of expeller-expressed
15. Use natural sweeteners in moderation, such as raw honey,
maple syrup, date sugar, dehydrated cane sugar juice (sold
as Rapadura) and stevia powder.
16. Use only unpasteurized wine or beer in strict moderation
17. Cook only in stainless steel, cast iron, glass or good
18. Use only natural food based supplements.
19. Get plenty of sleep, exercise and natural light.
20. Think positive thoughts and practice forgiveness.
1. Do not eat commercially processed foods such
as cookies, cakes, crackers, TV dinners, soft drinks, packaged
sauce mixes, etc. Read labels!
2. Avoid all refined sweeteners such as sugar, dextrose,
glucose and high fructose corn syrup.
3. Avoid white flour, white flour products and white rice.
4. Avoid all hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated fats
5. Avoid all refined vegetable oils made from soy, corn,
safflower, canola or cottonseed.
6. Do not use polyunsaturated oils for cooking, sautéing
or baking. (This includes all vegetable oils, except olive
oil and sesame oil.)
7. Avoid fried foods, especially foods fried in polyunsaturated
oils or partially hydrogenated vegetable oils.
8. Do not practice strict vegetarianism (veganism); animal
products provide vital nutrients not found in plant foods.
9. Avoid products containing protein powders, especially
soy isolate protein as they can contain carcinogens formed
10. Avoid processed, pasteurized milk; do not consume ultrapasteurized
milk products, lowfat milk, skim milk, powdered milk or
imitation milk products.
11. Avoid battery-produced eggs and factory-farmed meats
12. Avoid highly processed luncheon meats and sausage.
13. Avoid rancid and improperly prepared seeds, nuts and
grains found in granolas, quick rise breads and extruded
breakfast cereals, as they block mineral absorption and
cause intestinal distress.
14. Avoid canned, sprayed, waxed and irradiated fruits and
vegetables. Avoid genetically modified foods (found in most
soy, canola and corn products.)
15. Avoid artificial food additives, especially MSG, hydrolyzed
vegetable protein and aspartame, colorants and flavorings.
16. Individuals sensitive to caffeine and related substances
should avoid coffee, tea and chocolate.
17. Avoid aluminum-containing foods such as commercial salt,
baking powder and antacids. Do not use aluminum cookware
or deodorants containing aluminum.
18. Do not drink fluoridated water.
19. Do not use a microwave oven.
20. “Occasionally, rules can be broken. Enjoy!”